This Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet recipe is a delicious healthy and easy to make meal that will be on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes. This is a gluten-free, paleo and perfect for your busy weeknight dinner.
I had to start this post saying thank you for all the emails I got from my last post when I was talking about my sleepless night. You guys were so sweet. I really appreciate all the suggestions and advices. You mamas are AWESOME!! Like many of you said he will sleep better soon. Well he is already better because it’s been about two nights that he sleeps for two hours straight on his crib. I can’t believe it. I consider it a great start. Let’s try to be positive, correct?
Now let’s talk about today’s recipe, which is so delicious, easy to make, gluten-free and also paleo friendly. This asparagus and sweet potato with chicken is a great combination of flavors and perfect for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner.
The good side of this recipe is that it only has three ingredients, which are chicken, sweet potato and asparagus because technically salt, pepper and red chili flakes we don’t count as ingredients, right? Another good point about this recipe is that it will be ready and on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
So, grab your skillet, wood board and your chef knife and chop all the ingredients because it will be the only hard work you will have. Awesome!! It is easy as pie! Believe me!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb (225 g) fresh asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked though. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth.
- Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
You can find complete recipes of this Asparagus Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet in primaverakitchen.com