Crispy quesadillas filled with beans, sautéed onions, bell pepper, avocado and lots of cheese. These avocado black bean quesadillas are filling and make a great vegetarian meal too!
Happy New Year! It’s been a great year in food and I want to thank every single one of you for supporting this small blog which has become more than just a full-time job for me. It’s become place to share healthier cooking options and hopefully have a positive impact on the way you eat and think about food!
I have many more healthy, creative, and delicious recipes in store for 2017 and I can NOT wait to share every recipe with you all! I wish you and your family a safe and happy new year, filled with plenty of delicious healthy home cooking, and lots of happy tummies! 🙂
If you’re following me on Instagram, then you might have seen my top 9 Instagram posts of 2016! Broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and lots of cheese are some of my reader favorites!
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 medium soft flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, seeded and sliced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 cup light Mexican, Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- oil or cooking spray for grilling
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the black beans and taco seasoning. Cook for another minute. Transfer mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and wipe down pan and return to heat. Drizzle with a light layer of oil or spray with cooking spray.
You can find complete recipes of this Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas in gimmedelicious.com