Skinny spinach lasagna? It’s got thick layers of sauce, noodles, ricotta, spinach, and Mozzarella.
This just in: we got a Costco membership.
More accurately, we got a Costco membership so we could get a TV.
HOLD THE PHONE I know I know I know. If you’ve been a reader, a) you just got 100 sweet friend points, and b) you already know our TV dilemma.
The dilemma goes something like this –> We wanted to watch the Olympics. And the Superbowl. And the Bachelor Finale. And any movie not on our laptops. But we didn’t have a TV and we didn’t want to buy one.
The backstory to all this is that Bjork grew up without a TV and, maybe as a result or maybe just because? he “turned out” to be so awesome. I really mean that. He is SO awesome. Please gag right now. But honestly, it seems like not having a TV by default must impart some kind of extra creative cool juice into people, and yes to that.
The dilemma continued to get complicated being that we didn’t want a TV, but we actually loved (and still love, presently, now) watching TV. We would watch TV even when we didn’t have one, except we’d just be forced to watch it on our laptops via Netflix since we were too stubborn to actually get a TV.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese (I used 1 lb. whole milk and 1 lb. nonfat)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- a squeeze of lemon juice (optional, to taste)
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 24 ounce jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s tomato basil)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and thyme; saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach; saute until just barely wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, salt, nutmeg, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add the spinach and stir to combine. Transfer some of the mixture to a food processor and pulse a few times to break up some of the spinach pieces (totally optional, but makes for a really nice texture).
You can find complete recipes of this Skinny Spinach Lasagna in pinchofyum.com