Rich, chewy, and delicious, these gingerbread cookie bars are the perfect holiday treat!
‘Tis the season for lots of baking…fa la la la la…! The holiday season is upon us which means all kinds of delicious flavors and treats. One of our favorites is gingerbread! And these gingerbread cookie bars with cream cheese frosting are SOoooo good!
The recipe for these tasty treats comes from the lovely gals over at Six Sisters Stuff and their latest cookbook, 12 Days of Christmas with Six Sisters’ Stuff (affiliate link)! The book has a whole, fun “12 Days of Christmas” theme featuring things like 12 Christmas Cookie Recipes, 12 tasty dinner ideas, 12 holiday traditions, etc. There’s also quite a few cute Christmas crafts & gift ideas! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the Six Sisters and they are so nice, so I definitely recommend their book to add to your holiday planning collection. The recipes all look so good, but the gingerbread cookie bars are what really caught my eye.
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and molasses.
- Add the egg and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix until well combined. Spread dough evenly into the greased pan, pressing all the way to the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (Do not over cook). Remove& let cool.
You can find complete recipes of this Gingerbread Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting in momendeavors.com