Honey Garlic Shrimp – easy skillet shrimp with honey garlic sauce with only 4 ingredients. The BEST honey garlic shrimp recipe ever!
If there is one ingredient that I cook the best, it’s probably shrimp. The reason is simple: I love shrimp and I can eat shrimp every day, so naturally, I tend to cook shrimp very well. This honey garlic shrimp is a perfect example. As simple as it sounds, this is probably one of the most delicious recipes I have made recently.
This honey garlic shrimp recipe is inspired by The Cooking Jar but I created my own recipe. If you have good quality shrimp, you don’t need a lot of ingredients. I used 4 ingredients for the glaze: honey, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Prep and cooking takes only 15 minutes in total.
You want to use a lot of garlic so every bite is bursting with the garlicky flavors. Cook it on a cast-iron skillet so all the garlicky and honey goodness stick to the bottom of the skillet. Scrap every brown bit left on the skillet as they are the best part. After I was done eating, I only wished that I had made more. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz shrimp, shelled and deveined, tail on
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Mix the honey, lemon juie, salt and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic, then add the shrimp. Use a spatula to toss the shrimp on the skillet, then add in the honey mixture. Continue to cook the shrimp until they are nicely caramelized. Add in the butter, stir to blend well with the shrimp. Add the chopped parsley, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
You can find complete recipes of this Honey Garlic Shrimp in rasamalaysia.com