Fresh Strawberry Cobbler-Individual cobblers bursting with fresh berry flavor and a crumb topping!
I can’t believe how fast the year is going all the sudden. My youngest daughter’s Birthday is in just 2 weeks. She’ll be 12. She’s my baby. The last one. Kids just grow up way too fast.
While counting down weeks, we also realized there’s only 6 weeks left till school gets out. Yes, we’re one of those school systems that gets out before Memorial Day. Now my kids will be back in School the beginning of August.
When I was a kid, school didn’t start until after Labor Day and it went until almost the end of June. I guess it’s all the same in the end. And we do get some better deals on our vacations since half the country is still in school.
The really scary thought that hit me was there’s only about 3 weeks left of Strawberry season around here. Just 21 days (give or take) to go out to the u-pick fields. To hand select the best berries I can find. To eat them just fresh from the fields.
I’ll freeze as many as I can, and I hope to make some jam this year. We’ll also enjoy as many fresh strawberry treats as possible.
This Fresh Strawberry Cobbler was perfection. Just the right sweetness, the strawberries don’t get all mushy, and the crumb topping. I think I could eat a dish of it all alone!
- 4-5 cups fresh strawberries, sliced in quarters
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan. Let sit for 30 minutes with no heat. When time is up, stir strawberries and sugar then turn heat to medium for about 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and cold water, making sure cornstarch is completely dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries. Continue to heat until strawberries start to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Make the topping-combine remaining ingredients using a pastry blender, until all combined and mixture is crumbly.
You can find complete recipes of this FRESH STRAWBERRY COBBLER in chocolatechocolateandmore.com