Romano Chicken with Lemon Garlic Pasta – crispy parmesan panko breaded chicken with pasta in fresh lemon garlic cream sauce! Tasty meal in 30 minutes time!
When I made my own Homemade Panko Bread Crumbs, I naturally had to use them in some nice recipe. Breaded chicken is the first thing that comes to mind, so I made Romano Chicken with Lemon Garlic Pasta.
Chicken cutlets are dipped in parmesan cheese, egg and panko breadcrumbs. Then they are fried (or baked, to reduce fat content) until golden. They are served over pasta tossed with lemon butter garlic sauce. It is all simple to make and doesn’t take much time.
The sauce can be more or less tangy, depending on your taste. Less lemon juice and more cream make it mild while more lemon juice and less cream make it robust.
Romano Chicken with Lemon Garlic Pasta is certainly not “light food”, but it is a great dish for when you need to feel full and satisfied.
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts butterflied or thinly cut into cutlets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- dry parsley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs homemade or store-bought
- oil for frying s I used combination of olive oil and sunflower oil
LEMON GARLIC PASTA:
- 1/2 lb linguine or spaghetti or other pasta
- juice from 1 lemon or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 2 Tbsp butter cold
- 2-3 Tbsp whipping cream or to taste
- salt pepper
- Place parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. In another dish, put beaten egg with dry parsley; in third dish put panko bread crumbs.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper; dredge with parmesan cheese, dip into beaten egg; press the chicken in panko bread crumbs to coat on both sides; shake off the excess.
You can find complete recipes of this Romano Chicken with Lemon Garlic Pasta in kitchennostalgia.com