Step up your typical grilled chicken breast recipe. Our Spicy Grilled Chicken with Baja Black Beans and Rice recipe is a quick and easy grilled chicken recipe that incorporates uniquely blended flavors for your marinade and is complimented by our special baja black beans and rice recipe.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/4 cups long grain rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers
- 1 cup chopped zucchini (1 small)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- Crumbled Cotija cheese (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Sprinkle evenly over all sides of the chicken breast halves; rub in with your fingers. Set aside.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine broth, corn, tomatoes, uncooked rice, beans, and chile peppers. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes. Stir in zucchini. Cook, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Stir in cilantro.
- Meanwhile, for a charcoal grill, grill chicken breasts on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on the lightly greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
You can find complete recipes of this Spicy Grilled Chicken with Baja Black Beans and Rice in bhg.com