Sweet Chili Pineapple Chicken is an easy crock pot recipe that is a favorite at our house. My family loves it for the taste, I love it because it is a simple “throw and go” recipe for the crock pot. The ingredients might sound a little odd (sweet chili sauce and vegetable), but don’t be fooled. My kids describe the taste as, “sweet & sour chicken, but much, much better!”
Ever feel like you’ve turned into a short order cook at dinner time?
My kids attend two different school and take part in five after school clubs and two different sports. I love their interests but can spend WAY too much time preparing quick meals to get work with all our different schedules. A
Add in my work schedule, my husband’s job, and a German Shepherd that needs two walks daily and you have the makings of a CRAZY MOM who is sick of cooking.
(Or so I’ve heard…wink, wink!)
- 1 330 g bottle sweet chili sauce (Jufran or Mae Ploy brand)
- 1 8 oz can chunk or crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 2 cups fresh red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (optional)
- 2 cups fresh pea pods (optional)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (optional)
- Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.
- Pour chili sauce and pineapple with juice over chicken
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 7-9 hours.*
- About 45 minutes before serving slice chicken into ¾ inch slices and stir the chicken back into the sauce.
- Place your choice of vegetables on top of the chicken mixture. Continue cooking in slow cooker on high until vegetables are tender crisp. (This is a good time to put your rice on to cook too.)
- Serve over rice.
You can find complete recipes of this SWEET CHILI PINEAPPLE CHICKEN EASY CROCKPOT RECIPE in brendid.com