These Sticky Sesame Vegan Cauliflower Wings are the best veggie wings I’ve ever had! Loaded with a maple sesame flavor and spice, they are the perfect game day snack for vegans!
Sticky Sesame Vegan Cauliflower Wings? YES please! Confession time: there would’ve been way more wings in the pictures, but I kind of devoured them seconds after they came out of the oven. Happily so, burning the roof of my mouth and smiling in deep satisfaction. You see, this isn’t the first time I’ve made vegan cauliflower wings, so I knew to expect delicious, flavourful bites of pure sticky goodness. I was SO right. Shall we?
With Super Bowl Sunday around the corner, no doubt you’re preparing snacks even if you’re not that into the actual game. Personally, I just go along with the team my husband chooses. It’s pretty ironic since I played basically every sport under the sun from karate to football (soccer) to my all time favourite synchronised swimming. I can watch and get ANY sport within 10 minutes, but for some reason when it comes to American Football I get so wrapped in all the delicious food that it’s been explain to me about four times but all I hear is “crunch crunch”. Oops.
I doubt this year will be any different, especially if I’m nibbling on these babies. Vegan cauliflower wings are what have been “missing” from the vegetarian world for years, but are definitely here to stay. They taste JUST like regular wings. Without sauce, they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, and with sauce they are EVEN better.
I decided to go with a sweet and spicy sesame sauce for these wings, and they are sticky, soft on the outside, and unbelievably divine. The spice has just the right amount of kick, and the sweet sesame flavour takes it completely over the top. They are great for a meal or as a snack, and the best part? You can show down basically a million of these without any guilt. It’s also completely gluten free, so you can serve these to all your guests despite their dietary specifications. PRETTY sure that qualifies as a touchdown!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup AP gluten free flour*
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (½ if you want it very spicy)
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- chopped scallions & sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silicone baking sheet or foil.
- Remove florets from the cauliflower (aka don’t use the stem).
- Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces to resemble the size of wings.
You can find complete recipes of this STICKY SESAME VEGAN CAULIFLOWER WINGS in jessicainthekitchen.com