Lemon and honey are so good together.
The dish is bright, tangy-and-sweet, and feels perfect for warmer weather.
It’s a fast, easy recipe that the whole family will love and it’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
I used angel hair pasta because it cooks so quickly and the chicken is cut into bite-sized pieces so it also cooks fast.
After cooking the pasta, it’s transferred into the skillet the chicken cooks in, and everything is tossed together in the honey lemon sauce the chicken simmers in.
The sauce helps keep the chicken perfectly moist and tender. It’s tart yet sweet enough and coats the pasta perfectly.
I love the pronounced lemon flavor that’s achieved from both lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning.
If you’re a lemon lover or a fan of easy dinners that taste like a million bucks but that are really so simple, you’ll love this healthy recipe for those busy nights.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend for sauce + more for sprinkling over chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of thyme, optional and to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Pasta – Cook according to directions on box, drain, and set aside.
- Chicken – To a medium bowl or large measuring cup, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning, salt, pepper, optional thyme, and stir to combine; set sauce aside.
- To a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add chicken, generously sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, and cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Chicken should be about 90% cooked through.
You can find complete recipes of this HONEY LEMON CHICKEN WITH ANGEL HAIR PASTA in averiecooks.com