Baked honey cilantro lime salmon in foil is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful garlic and honey lime glaze.
If you haven’t cooked fish before, this is the perfect place to start. Then again, if you have been cooking fish for years, this is still perfect for you. It’s as simple and easy as a recipe could possibly be, yet so, SO incredibly tasty. Tasty enough to make my father say it’s as good, or even better than the best restaurant salmon he’s ever tried. And that’s saying something because my father is a life-long lover and restaurant order-er of salmon.
All of that flavor comes from a 4 ingredient glaze that will blow. your. mind. Seriously, I’m obsessed with this combination of flavors. Melted butter, garlic, freshly squeezed lime juice, and honey. That’s IT. Just pour that good stuff over the salmon, wrap it in foil, and bake it to flaky, tender perfection.
This 30 minute meal will turn salmon skeptics into salmon lovers and will win a permanent spot on your regular menu. And cleanup is a breeze. You can use that foil to wrap up any leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch, or toss the whole thing right in the garbage – no pan scrubbing required. It’s a busy weeknight cook’s dream.
- 1 large salmon fillet (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup butter, melted (see note)
- juice of 2 limes (plus one lime, thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the salmon completely).
You can find complete recipes of this BAKED HONEY CILANTRO LIME SALMON IN FOIL in lecremedelacrumb.com