Avocado adds a twist to classic egg salad. Easy avocado egg salad recipe with celery, fresh herbs and lemon juice. Jump to the Avocado Egg Salad Recipe now or read on to see how we make it.
We love egg salad. In fact, we’ve shared our go-to egg salad recipe before. We really don’t like to add too many ingredients to it — a little mayo, some celery and fresh herbs are all we need.
That is until we stumbled across the idea of adding avocado to it. The thought of combining two of our favorite ingredients into one creamy and easy egg salad made us giddy.
This recipe is so simple!
Simply mash avocado with a tiny bit of mayonnaise then stir in chopped eggs, celery, lemon juice and herbs.
Looking for a mayo-free version, try swapping it out for nonfat or low-fat yogurt or just stick to avocado and leave the mayonnaise out completely.
When you stir everything together, try to keep things a little chunky. Then, season with salt and pepper and enjoy as you would any egg salad.
We like to make open-faced sandwiches, but spooning this on top of a big salad would be delicious.
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, or Greek yogurt (try homemade mayonnaise)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium-length celery stalk, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives, parsley or dill
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mash avocado, mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Stir in the eggs, celery and chives. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
You can find complete recipes of this Easy Avocado Egg Salad Recipe in inspiredtaste.net