I made the Zucchini Bake with Tomato, Garlic, and Parmesan as a side dish to take to a dinner party this evening. The cost to prepare was very reasonable, it was quick to prep, the clean up easy, and most importantly, everyone enjoyed it. I used 4 Zucchini, that was a total of 2.5 pounds, My husband rates all the recipes I try on a scale of 1 – 10, to be a keeper it must be at least 8.5, this recipe he gave a 9! Success! It’s very tasty, and healthy too! Thank you Olena, for the wonderful recipe.
- 2 large or 2.5 lbs zucchini, cut into quarters
- 10 oz grape tomatoes, cut in halves or 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp any dried herbs like basil, oregano or Italian
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup parsley or basil, finely chopped
- Cooking spray (I use Misto)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 8 x 8 or 9 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except parsley/basil; stir to combine.
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes for crunchy zucchini or 35 minutes if you like well cooked vegetables. I recommend checking for doneness with a fork or knife after 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with basil or parsley and serve hot/warm.
Made this today. I only put 1/4 cup of the parmesan in the mix, left the other 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top before baking. Also added a splash of extra virgin olive oil on top. Very good! This would be a great meatless Monday recipe with a nice crusty loaf of bread.
Will definitely make again!