I am obsessed with this creamy chipotle pasta. The sauce is so easy to make and pretty amazing when you realize that a couple of almonds can make a beautiful cream sauce. The smokiness of the chipotle and the acidity of the lemon juice make it irresistible.
The sauce contains only 6 ingredients almonds, water, almond milk, chipotle, garlic, and lemon juice. Simply place everything in your blender and process until smooth. If you do not have a high powered blender you can soak the almonds overnight. I use raw unpeeled almonds because I prefer their flavor, but if you want an extra creamy sauce you can use blanched almonds. The sauce shouldn’t be heated because it could break, so when your pasta is done simple toss it with the sauce in a bowl. There is no need heat the pasta and sauce again in pan.
- 1/2 cup Almonds, whole, raw
- 1/4 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 ea. Chipotle pepper in Adobo, only one of the peppers in the can
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Tomato, fire roasted, canned
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 lb. Spaghetti, whole wheat
- 1 tbsp. Cilantro chopped
- Place the almonds, almond milk, water, chipotle, garlic clove, roasted tomato, and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain and place in a large bowl.
You can find complete recipes of this VEGAN CREAMY CHIPOTLE PASTA in dorastable.com